- Carhartt coat & bibs – Not only do we need insulation to stay warm in the woods during winter, but tough material that can stand up to pricker-bushes (note the double layer by the knees)
- Utility belt – the many pockets help keep taps and fittings organized and easy to access
- Tool leashes – have you ever dropped a tool in the woods in deep snow?
- DeWalt drill – we use special drill bits to drill holes in our trees, only about 1.5” deep to minimize scarring
- Hammer – we have to make sure the taps are in securely in order to avoid leaks
- One-handed tool – a specialized tool that is used to push fittings tightly into the tubing
- Hat & face/neck warmer – we are often tapping in sub-freezing temperatures
Tapper/model: Kameron Ganje